Hello again, KC here from Thrifty Solutions for an Urban Gal. I have a confession. I am a pack-rat. Not quite a hoarder, but I often find sentimental value in the silliest things and can’t throw anything out. Here are a few design principles that I always have to remind myself of in order to practice the luxury of less.
1. Edit your space- Keep what you love and get rid of the rest. It may be painful, but your home will seem less cluttered.
2. Organization is key- Make sure all items in your home either have a purpose, or a distinct “home” within your space.
3. Dual Purpose Furniture- If you live in a small space, it helps if that ottoman also functions as a coffee table.
4. Space Planning- 2 tips that I swear by: (1) keep seating arrangements pulled away from the walls, (2) use furniture with exposed legs
5. Fake it ’till you make it- If your budget is small, buy the highest quality piece you can afford and fake the rest. There are hundreds of DIY tutorials online about headboards, custom beds, or tables.
6. Use color and patterns- Colors and patterns are inviting and display the personality of the owner.
Do you have any interior design tips you swear by? Any trends right now you can’t live without? Thanks again for having me!