Travis and I went to a Halloween party on Saturday night and I brought pumpkin cupcakes to mark the occasion. I was happy with how they turned out, so I thought I’d share :)
These are technically pumpkin muffins, but with the addition of homemade cream cheese frosting, they are truly decadent (and perfectly festive). Here’s the recipe…
1 1/2 cups flour 1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon 1/3 cup water
1 tsp. baking soda 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt 6 Tbsp. butter
1 tsp. ground ginger 1 1/3 cup sugar
2 eggs 1 cup pumpkin puree
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl and the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
3) Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet.
4) Bake for 20-24 mins.
*special trick* for extra moist muffins, place a glass dish with ~4 cups water under your muffin tin in the oven. The water creates a more humid cooking environment and creates the perfect muffin consistency!
1 stick butter
1 tub whipped cream cheese (8 oz.)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1) Melt the butter and beat into room temperature cream cheese.
2) Add vanilla.
3) Slowly incorporate powdered sugar.
4) Try not to eat it all before applying it to your cupcakes :)