In yesterday’s post, Laina mentioned that when she wears eyeliner, she feels like it makes her eyes smaller, rather than bigger. I have definitely struggled with the same problem, so here are a few tips to help keep your eyes looking big and bright:
(This pretty lady has used all of the tips below!)
1. Use soft lines. When you apply eyeliner, go back and smudge it! A harsh line can make your eye feel confined, but smudging blurs the line and makes your eyes look bigger.
2. Work outside the lines. Don’t line the inner rim of your eyes; line the skin just below it. The effect? The light skin on your inner rim will blend with the white of your eyes, making it appear larger.
3. Make the most of your shadow. Use a light shadow all over your lid, then go back and define the outer edge of your eye with something darker. It doesn’t have to be a dramatic smokey eye, but adding the dimension creates an illusion that will totally work in your favor.
4. Boost your lashes. False eyelashes will seriously pump up the volume on your eyes and make them look nice and big. Try individual lashes for a look that you can pull of every day.
5. Don’t forget to highlight! Add a shimmery highlighter on the inner corner of your eyes and right under the eyebrow to help brighten and define your eyes.
6. Keep your brows in tip top shape. Having well-groomed brows is almost as good as getting a face lift! Have a pro shape your eyebrows so they best suit your face shape, and make sure you keep them maintained.
Not too hard, right?! Try out these tricks over the weekend and let me know how it goes!
Do you use any of these eye-enlarging tips? Got any good tricks of your own? And what are you up to this weekend? Please share in the comments!