My graduation is in eight days (eek!), and I’ve decided to pull out all the stops, considering there will be lots of photos taken in the days surrounding the ceremony. This means, I’m busting out the Crest Whitestrips and doing my best to freshen up my smile.
Interested in in joining me? I’ve got a bunch of tips for making your teeth look whiter…
1) Whiten them. Ok, duh… this is a no-brainer, but I had to put it in. There are tons of whitening options out there— you can pay the big bucks and get it done at your dentist’s office, or you can use an at-home kit, like I am. Get Crest Whitestrips at Target.
TIP: If whitening makes your teeth sore (it kills mine!), use a fluoride rinse before and after you whiten to lessen the pain!
2) Switch to an electric toothbrush. Travis’ mom bought us electric Sonicare toothbrushes for Christmas and… they rock. My teeth look WAY nicer and they feel so much cleaner! The high-powered scrubbing really buffs out those stains.
3) Use a whitening tooth paste. Not on board with the whitening strips? A toothpaste (especially one with baking soda) will freshen up your teeth for way less! Just don’t expect the same results… whitening toothpastes take time. Get Arm & Hammer toothpaste at drugstore.com.
4) Avoid foods and drinks that stain your teeth. Most of us know that coffee, red wine, and dark sodas can be major teeth-stainers. But did you know that other foods that fall into this category are: curry, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, beets, and tomato sauce? Neither did I. If you do eat one of these foods, try to brush right away so the stains don’t set in!
Brush your teeth after you eat this! Photo courtesy of Sporkist.
TIP: At a party and can’t brush? Munch on some apples, broccoli, carrots, or celery to clean your teeth after you eat. (Or chew a piece of gum!)
5) Boost your tan. No time to whiten? Use a self-tanner and tinted moisturizer to deepen your skin tone. Your teeth will look instantly whiter and your dark complexion will make you look thinner— double win! Try Alba Sunless Tanner to get the look without the dangerous UV rays!
6) Pick the right lipstick. Coral lipstick is everywhere these days, but the orange and brown undertones aren’t doing anything for your teeth. Pick up a red lipstick with a blue undertone to make your pearly whites really stand out!
Here’s what a blue-red looks like versus an orange-red:
Did I miss any great teeth-whitening tips? Ever tried any of these tricks yourself? Tell me about it below! And have a great weekend!